The Reason Doctrine, our proprietary framework, integrates competitive strategy and marketing strategy.
- Competitive strategy with a human face: Strategies and solutions that factor marketing's deep understanding of audience behavior into competitive strategy
- Marketing strategy that's in lock-step with the rest of the organization: Strategies and executional solutions that take marketing out of the silo and into the core of business operations – by focusing on tangible differentiation and prioritizing profitable audience behaviors
We work with Fortune 500 and large privately-held companies, as well as established startups and public sector entities – in the U.S. and internationally.
- The White House.
- NBC Universal.
- Merrill Lynch.
- Mayo Clinic.
- Liberty Mutual.
- Capital Group.
- Time Warner.
- Charter Communications.
Developed and implemented the B2B mobile strategy for the world’s largest telecommunications company
Codified the corporate principles and developed the enterprise marketing strategy of a top 10 global investment manager
Advised the Office of the Vice President of the United States during an election year
Developed retention strategy and designed marketing infrastructure infrastructure for international car rental brand
Developed and implemented the b-b strategy for a leading global credit card network
Extended an iconic toy brand into an multi-faceted global entertainment property
Developed and implemented the enterprise positioning, acquisition and retention strategies for a leading US wealth management firm
Developed the concept for a cutting-edge content platform of a leading global hospital group
Implemented transformative marketing science, integrated marketing and marketing automation for a top 3 U.S. cable company
Developed and implemented the thought leadership platform for a bulge bracket investment bank
Reframed marketing strategy and tactics for a major movie studio
Engineered on-property customer experience for a leading theme park franchise
Transformed a maturing TV program brand into the fastest growing US cable network four years in a row
Our Practice Areas
We provide a full spectrum of strategic solutions
- Strategy Development & Planning
- Analytics & Assessments
- Market & Competitive Intelligence
- Content and Message Development
Meet some of our specialists
Our specialists contribute deep industry, functional and subject matter expertise
What Sets Us Apart
The Reason Doctrine
- Our proprietary framework for strategy development and execution delivers on a highly directional and actionable standard. Its epicenter is a deceptively simple question: What is the reason to choose you – and in choosing you, not to choose the competition?
Competitive intelligence and data-driven insights
- Organizations that use same sources of information as their competitors can't expect insights that lead to competitive advantage: Our data and analytics expertise, in conjunction with our open-source and human intelligence capabilities, deliver actionable insights into the nature and dynamics of competition.
- We draw not only from conventional sources, but also from macroeconomic trends, exogenous factors, market dynamics and the science of choice.
Proprietary scenario planning capabilities
- Our proprietary market and competitive strategy mapping tools make strategy visible, and therefore intuitively understandable, as never before. By integrating more than a dozen dimensions into a single view, these unique tools help our clients achieve exceptional uptake of strategy throughout the organization, seamless translation into tactics and accelerated strategy execution.
- True scenario planning has long eluded strategy teams. Our competitive strategy mapping tool unlocks the full potential of "red team" scenario planning – a key asset in today's volatile and rapidly evolving business environment. Executive and strategy teams at client organizations can collaboratively game out multiple scenarios and literally see implications, opportunities and threats in real time.
- When used on an ongoing basis, market and competitive strategy mapping are ideal tools for agile strategy, enabling executive and strategy teams to evaluate and anticipate threats and opportunities.
Marketing strategies that motivate behavior
- We define marketing as the business discipline that spearheads relationships between a company and its audiences. In terms of its objectives, planning, envisioned activities and measurement, our framework delivers marketing strategy that is in lock-step with corporate strategy.
- We define the purpose of marketing as motivating audiences to engage in profitable behaviors: by diverting their resources (a combination of time, effort and money) from competitors to our clients.